Sunday, July 30, 2006

Cottrell's Cove

This morning I am continuing my Virtual Tour of Central Newfoundland communities. Today's photos were taken in Cottrell's Cove, Notre Dame Bay. As we neared the town, I remembered that the last time I visited this town I photographed boats in the harbour from a big hill when the weather was wet and foggy. I was right about the hill! This trip, however, the weather was beautiful - not a cloud in the sky.

The light green fish "store" attracted my attention from quite a distance and I stopped to take a few photos. This was a hard photo to get because there were several other smaller buildings around that I was trying to keep out of this shot. I found the colour to be unusual - these type buildings are usually red or yellow.

The second photo shows a wharf and fishing stage that are well maintained. Besides another green building on the wharf, you will see lobster pots, a boat, slipway for launching boats and the town in the distance - all elements of a typical outport community in Newfoundland and Labrador.


No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...