Friday, August 11, 2006

Bonne Bay, Gros Morne National Park

Woody Point is a small community on the north side of Bonne Bay in Gros Morne National Park. The first photo below shows the community with the majestic Tablelands in the background. I photographed this scene with my 75-300 mm zoom lens from a scenic lookout near Norris Point, on the opposite side of the bay.

The second photo was taken with my 17-40 mm wide angle lens from the same position. One thing I have always noticed about photographing the mountains and scenery in Gros Morne is that a wide angle lens "diminishes" the grandeur of the scene, while a telephoto shows only a small area. By showing you both views today, I am attempting to show the beauty of this area of the province.

Over the next couple of days I will post other photos taken in Gros Morne.


No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...