Saturday, August 19, 2006

Leaves

Today's photos were taken while walking on a trail in Gros Morne National Park in early August. Rays of sunlight filtering through the trees lit the leaves in the first photo creating shadows that caused the leaves in the background to become black and nearly disappear. I am not sure of the type of plant because I don't have access to my identification books.

The light was actually filtering through the leaves on an alder in the second photo. I liked the veins in the leaves as well as the texture and shape created by the sunlight as it passed through the leaves.

If you are interested in plants, I have several species on my web site. Feel free to take a look around - http://www.lanephotography.com/plants.htm. I plan to add more species as soon as I get a bit of down time.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...