Saturday, August 26, 2006

Sailor's Memorial, Point Pleasant Park, Halifax

Point Pleasant Park in Halifax has a Sailor's Memorial dedicated to the sailors that lost their lives in war.

When I was in the park, a slight mist came ashore creating interesting photo opportunities. The first photo shows a couple of people taking pictures from the front of the monument. The second photo is the view they may have captured. From this vantage point, the mist was hardly visible.

The third photo shows a close-up of the cross taken from behind and looking up. Notice the interesting effect created by the mist, sunlight and shadows. As I approached the monument, my first instinct was to stand in the shadow of the cross to see what effect the mist was having, and I was not disappointed. I took several images from that spot!




No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...