Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Fishermen's Museum, Musgrave Harbour

Back in July, after taking a trip around Bonavista Bay North, I had several photos chosen for Photo of the Day that I didn't send. Over the next couple of days, I plan to send those that have been waiting since then. This morning I am sending a photo of the Fisherman's Museum in Musgrave Harbour.

The mural depicts the history of Newfoundland and Labrador and was worthy of a closer view so I walked around to the side of the building to capture an image of the mural. It was a cloudy day and I tried shoot as little sky as possible. I was going to crop out the building and grasses on the second image, but liked the bands of colours created by this composition.

I have seen and photographed many murals this summer. I think they are a great idea. Most show a glimpse of the history of an area.

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...