Thursday, November 16, 2006

Houses/Lobster Pots

This morning I have chosen two photos taken in July. The first is a house in Fortune Harbour, Newfoundland and Labrador. I liked the old style and the red trim really stood out. I have been photographing old houses for over 30 years and many I have photographed no longer exist. This one looks well-cared for and will probably be around for quite a while yet.

Lobster pots are always interesting subjects to photograph. I took these on a dull day with fog just offshore.

Yesterday I received a note from Europe wondering where the community of Greenspond was ... Today the little yellow dot shoes the location of Fortune Harbour.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI BRUCE, I JUST SAW THE PICTURE OF THE HOUSE IN FORTUNE HARBOUR. I THINK I RECOGNIZE IT AS THE OLD BALLARD HOUSE. MRS. BALLARD WAS THE GRANDMOTHER OF REG SHEPPARD A GOOD FRIEND OF YOUR BROTHER RICK!FYI CHEERS TED

Kekiinani said...

You have some wonderful house to photograph. They are very unique and I totally enjoy them. :)

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...