Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Veteran's Week 1

This is Veteran's Week in Canada so for the rest of this week I will share photos I have taken over the past several years at Remembrance Day Ceremonies.

Today I chose two images that I converted to Black and White. In the first one, a member of the colour party wasn't aware I was taking his picture. After converting the image to b&w I added a red flare on the poppy.

The soldier in the second photo was standing near the war memorial in Avondale, Newfoundland and Labrador. He was standing with a rifle balanced on his foot and both hands on the stock.

Soldiers performing this duty are expected to have self discipline and not move at all during the entire ceremony. While this may look like an easy job, I suspect it is very difficult, especially on a cold November day with a mixture of rain and snow falling. You can see a drop of moisture forming on his nose and, as far as I know, he didn't move to brush it off.



No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...