Thursday, November 09, 2006

Veteran's Week 2

As I promised yesterday, I am sending two photos of our veterans again today. I chose to covert both images to b&w because it forces the viewer to look at the faces and not the colours.

One of my uncles was killed in the Second World War and I attended Remembrance Day Ceremonies with my Dad when I was a young boy. As I grew older I continued to attend them, and when I started taking photos, I always photographed the parades and the veterans. I have thousands of images taken over the years.

While photographing veterans as the Last Post was played, I noticed that, without exception, veterans' eyes filled up and they were extremely thoughtful. I could never know their thoughts and memories, but I could see that it was quite emotional for them. The two photos today show close-ups of veterans during the playing of the Last Post.

At Mary Queen of Peace School, we have been doing a web site that is a dedication to our Veterans. Feel free to explore the site and send comments.
http://www.mqp.k12.nf.ca/legion



No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...