Saturday, November 11, 2006

Veteran's Week 4

Continuing with the theme of Veterans, I am sending two photos of Veteran James Martin from St. John's. In 1981, I moved to St. John's and did a b&w photo essay of the Remembrance Day Ceremony. In 1997, and again in 2001, I photographed him on parade at the War Memorial in St. John's.

A couple of years ago NTV (a local television network) did a story about Those Who Remember, MQP's web site dedicated to our veterans, and a viewer emailed me with a little information about the man. This information, along with other photos, can be found at:
http://www.mqp.k12.nf.ca/legion/stjohns/Twenty_Years.htm

NOTE: All email addresses on the Those Who Remember site are now invalid. If you would like to send feedback to the students, please email me at
brucelane@esdnl.ca.

If you have photos of veterans in your area of the world and would like to post them on our web site, feel free to send the photos and a little information.



No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...