Monday, January 15, 2007

Time Exposures

This morning I have chosen two abstract photos that are time exposures created in-camera. When I visited the Johnson Geocentre in late August, I entered a small dark room that had a glass case with hundreds of little lights that represented the stars nearest us in the Milky Way Galaxy.

Since I didn't have a tripod with me, I knew it was a waste of time to try and photograph the model, so I decided to shoot some time exposures. I shot the photos at times ranging from 20 sec to a couple of minutes and got some interesting effects.


In the first image I zoomed in slowly while taking the photo. In the second image, I got some bright light near the bottom but was not sure where it came from. It is possible there was a reflection off something as people entered the room.



No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...