Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day,

I created a Valentine's Day card for you using one of a series of Rose photos I took a couple of years ago around this time.

I photograph flowers (cut, potted and wild) as often as I can. The colours, shapes and textures are beautiful and by taking the time to photograph them, I see and feel a little of the Beauty all around me. Because of my interest in photography, I understand the saying ... "Take time to stop and smell the roses".

I found the quote below and it also illustrates that taking time to photograph the things around me (things that most people take for granted) has a positive impact. Several years ago, after giving a presentation on Photography to a group of teachers, one of them stood up and made a comment that he felt I definitely didn't need Prozac. I hadn't thought of it like that before, but the process of taking photographs does bring a sense of Peace and Joy.

"Life is what's happening when you're too busy to notice." -Wayne Muller

Have a great day and take a little time "just for you".





No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...