Saturday, March 03, 2007

March Sunrise

It is March and here in Newfoundland that means the sun is rising earlier. I took these photos minutes ago (6:30 AM Newfoundland Time) from my bathroom window.

The first was taken with my 17-40 mm lens and shows a wide view of my back yard looking towards the east. I focused on the clouds in the background, but there was still enough light reflecting off the snow to provide a little detail.

The second photo was taken 5 minutes later with my 70-300 mm lens. You can see how the colour of the clouds has changed.

The sunrise will probably be the most beautiful time of this day because later we have another snowstorm predicted - with high winds and 5-10 cm. It will probably be a bad night.




No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...