Monday, March 26, 2007

Tall Ships, St. John's

Several years ago (possibly 1997, the 500th anniversary of the discovery of the New found lande by John Cabot) I photographed a group of tall ships as they entered St. John's Harbour. A few days later, I photographed them again as they left.

The first photo this morning shows one of these ships entering the harbour. I captured a puff of smoke as the crew fired a cannon to announce its arrival. Fort Amherst lighthouse can be seen in the background.

The white ship (I believe it may have been Portuguese) looked very majestic as it left St. John's. Houses in the Battery can be seen in the background.

My email is still not working ... I will respond to emails when I get it straightened out.





No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...