Sunday, May 20, 2007

Chuckly Pear

I went for a walk in the woods behind my house yesterday and came face-to-face with a young moose. Unfortunately, I did not take my camera with me!!! It was unusual and I had to talk myself into leaving it home. I have walked up through the same area hundreds of times over the years, and have taken my camera 90% of the time. This was only the second time in 25 years that I have seen a moose while walking out there!

This morning I have chosen two photos taken this time last year. I went back through my files to see if we are behind because of the cold wet weather that we have been having for the past 5 or 6 weeks. I think the trees are definitely a week or two behind where they were last year.

I remember that I was walking nearly every day last May, but this year I have only had the opportunity to walk a few times because of the cold, wet weather. It's been warm this weekend - 19°C (68°F) so I am hoping that the trees will start to bud soon!




No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...