Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Rainforest Sunrises

Since arriving back from Florida on April 15, we have only seen the sun on two days. One was warm (15°C - 60°F), but the other was cold (2°C - 34°F). It is hardly fair that in Florida they have sun and heat nearly every day, while in this part of the world it is a rarity sometimes, especially when the winds are off the North Atlantic.

Today, I chose 2 scenes taken during my morning walks around Citrus Park. I have titled them Rainforest Sunrises because they show silhouettes of plants. The first was taken while looking up a "canal" between two building lots. It was a clear morning and I exposed for the bright sun.

The second was taken on a misty morning as the sun rose behind a group of palm trees. You can't really tell from this photo, but I was walking on one of the main roads through the park when I saw this beautiful scene. Again, I exposed for the bright sun first, then recomposed to capture this image.





No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...