Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Ferns

From comments received yesterday, Spring is arriving all over, especially in the areas in which people thought it was late this year.

Today, I chose two photos of ferns that are just starting to grow along the trails in the woods behind my house. You will notice that the high contrast in these photos. The sun was bright, but the ferns were growing in damp, well shaded areas. I metered off the "heads" of the little plants, the brightest part of the scene, which made the shadows appear even darker.

At last the weather is improving enough to take my daily walk through the forest. I look forward to the peace, quiet and beauty that awaits me there. On Monday night I disturbed a moose that ran away from me very quickly. I tried to get my camera out of the bag, but it had disappeared into the woods before I had a chance to take a photograph. This was the second moose I saw within the past week. The first time I didn't take my camera so no photos of that one either.




No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...