Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Trail

While I was walking a couple of days ago, I stopped to photograph the trail in a couple of places. I have taken photos of this section of trail many times because I like the way the path leads into the forest through a dark "opening". The photo gives me a feeling of mystery - wondering what lies in wait in the "darkness" after you enter.

In reality, when I walk under the canopy created by the evergreen trees, I go around a curve and down a small hill and come to a large open, boggy area. The forest is so quiet and peaceful that my mind is usually quiet after I finish a walk.

To capture this photo, I focused on the grassy area near the opening in the trees, the brightest part of the scene. If I had focused (exposed) on the darker area, the rest of the photo would be too bright.




1 comment:

bearkat said...

Hi Bruce...this made me think of some of those trails I'd been on while I was living in Jasper....pretty neat with the shadows and sun..thanks!

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...