Monday, July 09, 2007

Horses

Horses used to be very common all around the island of Newfoundland. They were used to plow farmland, and haul wood and other heavy loads. Today, there are fewer horses here and, in general, they are not used for the types of work they did in the past.

I was lucky to capture photos of a young foal and its mother in a field in Holyrood. I stayed for a while and was happy to photograph the foal in the process of feeding. Shortly afterwards, the both of them came over to where I was standing. I assumed they were curious about me, but the foal was a a little nervous and didn't come as close as the mother.

I have a few other photos of horses at:
http://www.lanephotography.com/horses/horses.htm




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...