Friday, July 20, 2007

The Tablelands

For people who are visiting Gros Morne National Park, I would recommend any of the hikes within the boundaries of park. I have walked to the top of Gros Morne Mountain, to Western Brook Pond and walked several trails near the Tablelands.

The first photo shows the type of terrain on the Tablelands (a fairly easy walk) with the bronze coloured rock and very little vegetation. The second photo is a closer view of the waterfall in the background.

Because I take lots of photos on my walks, I usually run out of time and don't get as far as I would like. On this particular trip, I only walked as far as the highest part of the waterfall.




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...