Sunday, July 22, 2007

Tely 10 Race

Bright and early this morning I travelled to Paradise to photograph the beginning of the 80th running of the Tely 10 road race, a ten mile run from that ends in Bannerman Park in St. John's.

This year there were over 2000 people who will run and/or walk to the finish line. I haven't photographed a road race of this size before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I wanted to capture the "crowd" at the start of the race and the first two photos should give you a sense of the numbers.

I didn't realize so many people were planning to walk the entire distance and after the runners passed by, I took a few photos of the walkers as well. I included a couple of images to show that there were people of all ages and abilities taking part in the race!

Congratulations to all who participated in the race!!






No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...