Thursday, August 30, 2007

Musical Hands

I thought that I would share 4 images that were created using the Effects Menu on Picasa 2, a free program from Google. A friend told me about this program last year and I have used it every day since installing it. It is a good photo management and manipulation program.

The original photo was taken during a music recital last May and effects added in minutes. If you download this program, make sure you practice on copies of your original photos. I have accidentally saved over a couple of original images and can't get them back. Now, I work on the original, export the changed image, then undo the changes to the original.


If you like Hands photos, I have a Musical Hands Gallery on line:
http://www.lanephotography.com/hands/hands_01.htm






Thanks for the comments on yesterday's cinnamon buns photos ... I am including a few just to let you know the memories and feelings that these simple photos evoked in many of the people on this list.
  • That photo made me lonesome. I am sure when we were growing up, Mom made cinnamon buns 2-3 times a week. Today the smell or sight brings me back, to our home in St. Joseph's. Thanks for the brief trip down memory lane.
  • I don't have much of a sweet tooth but this photo sure had my mouth watering for something cinnamon as the blueberry photo the day before. Two of my favorite things.
  • Normally I prefer black & white photos, however in this case the colour photo seems to bring out the flavor. Or maybe its because I skipped breakfast.
  • I just love the pictures of the cinnamon buns. I like the colored one because with the sense of sight I can also just smell the aroma. The b&w doesn't affect me the same way. I LOVE CINNAMON BUNS! [:D] Thanks again for your wonderful pictures.
  • I love your photo is this morning - I do think the colour photo does justice to these Buns ! They are delicious looking ! My compliments to the cook.
  • How did you know that they are one of my favourites and I definitely prefer them in colour. I can almost smell them and want to reach out and pick one to eat.
  • They look scrumptious! I like the colour version.
  • Personally, there is no comparison between B&W and colour in this case. The coloured photo has me salivating because the buns look absolutely real and I can practically taste their warmth, sweetness and stickiness. On the other hand, the B&W photo evokes no response.
  • I have to react to this one. The warm colours make it look much more appetizing than the b & w. I could eat those coloured ones right of the screen!!!
  • ....that was making me hungry!!! When I think of all the cinnamon buns we used to make in the bakery....:) :)...
  • Is it OK to vote for both! One stirs memories the other stirs emotions! Great memories of my Grandmother's baking and the great feeling of how the air will soon be crisp enough to open the windows and bake this fall!

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...