Sunday, September 16, 2007

Antiques

I am sharing photos with a different type of subject this morning. Over the past few days my photos have illustrated the beauty one can see in ordinary things. The items in today's photographs used to be common in houses all around the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. I photographed them in the Fishermen's Museum in St. Vincent's.

These photos do not portray the "beauty" in the objects, but will probably evoke memories in those of you who grew up here in the 1940's and 50's. If you grew up in the rest of North America, you probably wouldn't recognize the Gerald S. Doyle brand, but would know about castor oil. The jug and basin may have been common elsewhere as well.





No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...