Monday, September 10, 2007

Milbert's Tortoiseshell

Sorry I am late with the Photo of the Day today. I am sharing two photos of a butterfly feeding on goldenrod that were taken in Holyrood, Newfoundland and Labrador.

After looking at several photos of butterflies on line, I identified this butterfly as a Milbert's Tortoiseshell. I hope I am right.

The background looks like it had been shot in a studio, but I was shooting with my 75-300 mm lens at maximum zoon while standing around 2 metres (6 ft) away and the wooden deck in the background was thrown totally out of focus by the lens.




1 comment:

bearkat said...

Hi Bruce...love the butterfly pics!!...i don't always know the types...but have a special thing for them...thanks!!!

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...