Monday, September 24, 2007

Northern Wild Raisin

A couple of weeks ago I sent photos of northern wild raisin and promised I would send more to show what happens to the berries as they ripen.

The first two photos show the pink and blue berries on the same plant. Eventually they will all turn blue and shrivel up like the ones in the third photo.

They sort of look like raisins, but they don't taste much like them. I tasted a few of the dried blue ones and there was nothing to them except two flat seeds. The small birds seem to really like them because there have been quite a few around these trees lately.

If you want to view the ones I sent in early September, click the link below:
http://kbrucelane.blogspot.com/search?q=northern+wild+raisin





No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...