Saturday, October 06, 2007

Icebergs

The summer of 2003 was a great year for icebergs and I was fortunate to get out on a boat to photograph them 4 or 5 times. The photos I am sending this morning were taken near an iceberg in Port de Grave, Conception Bay.


I was on board the boat in the first photo and decided to photograph the two guys looking at the berg. I think adding the people to the composition added a human element to the scene that will probably affect your perception of the image.


The larger boat in the second photo is 85 ft. long so you will get a sense of the size of the iceberg. You can see a couple of people on the front deck. The larger boat passed between us and the iceberg so I used my zoom lens to capture a closer view of the people with the huge piece of ice dominating the background.


Recently, someone asked if I ever photographed people and I had to admit that I like taking candid shots of people going about various activities. Occasionally I share a few of these photos on my Photo of the Day.


I have added a couple of links to galleries that are related to today's theme.


Links of the Day:






No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...