Sunday, November 18, 2007

Fortress of Louisbourg

In 2005, I visited the Fortress of Louisbourg in Nova Scotia. Visiting this area was like being transported back in time with a digital camera. Though I was only there for 2.5 hours, I was able to capture over 600 photos, each of which show a snippet of what it was like in this town over 300 years ago.

The first photo was taken in a "servant's room" that had a large barrel which may have once been filled with wine. I wanted to capture the window with the barrel so I focused on the brightest part of the window knowing that the outside would not be too bright. There was enough light coming through the window to illuminate the barrel.

For the second image, I zoomed in and metered off the brightest part of the barrel. You can see that it is perfectly exposed, but the outside is now too bright. Since there isn't much of the window showing in the image, the brightness doesn't bother me too much.




1 comment:

bearkat said...

HI Bruce....it's interesting seeing other parts of the country and our Canadian history :)...thanks....it's been around +4 to -1 here with the eveinings going down to -6 to 10...and windchills of -6 or 8.....so winter is coming!!....yuck!!!! have a good week!!

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...