Monday, November 26, 2007

The Kirk

The Kirk is a historic Presbyterian church in St. John's that I photographed in 2005.

The first photo shows the pipes of an organ located in the front of the church. The second was taken not long after the service was over - a glass of water that the minister used during the service is located to the extreme right side of the photo.


The third shows two symbols. The first may be either the Burning Bush or Tree of Knowledge. I am not sure of the meaning of the X, but after a quick search of the Internet, I think it may have something to do with women's role in the church. If anyone on the list knows the meaning of the symbols, please let me know.

These photos were taken without a flash, but I used a tripod with ISO set to 1600. I used a tripod in most churches because of the dim light.





1 comment:

bearkat said...

i really like those old organs..have seen a lot like them when i was in holland :) thanks...sorry, can't help you with the meanings though!

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...