Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Newfoundland Dog

The Newfoundland dog is known for its gentle, loyal, and protective personalities. It has a waterproof coat and webbed feet and there are many stories of people at sea being rescued by this breed of dog.

Because they are solid black, it is a challenge to photograph them. I photographed this dog in Brigus, Conception Bay. It was a very bright (around 2:30 pm) summer day and everything in the background was white. I cropped these photos as close to the dog as possible, but you will see that it is very bright.

As expected, there were many responses to yesterday's email. Thanks for your support.





No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...