Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas

Thanks for the great response to the photos of my snowshoe hike to the mountain. I did it again yesterday - that's twice in two days. Hopefully I will get time for a few more hikes during the Christmas break.

The two photos this morning depict images of Santa that are a little different than the thousands of images we have been bombarded with since October. To be honest, this year I saw Christmas decorations and "stuff" in stores as early as August. I try to ignore all the commercial hype about Christmas and, because I haven't been watching much TV since moving to my new house in mid-October, it hasn't been as overwhelming as other years.

The first photo was taken at a friend's house a couple of nights ago. I shot it without a flash or tripod and like the warm colours created by the bulb inside the decoration. I sent the second photo last year and still think it is one of my favourite images of Santa. He is not in his typical suit and is holding the Baby Jesus in his hands while setting up his Nativity Scene. The artist who created this decoration shows that even Santa remembers the real reason for the Christmas season.

Have a great Christmas and enjoy time with family and friends.




1 comment:

bearkat said...

hi bruce...
that was nice to see one just for christmas:)...i also enjoyed the snow shoeing one..though i think the mountains out here might be a bit higher...still...it is a fun thing to do and enjoy nature at the same time....merry christmas to you and yours :) :)

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...