Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Holyrood

A few of you have asked about hiking to the hills behind my house. When I hike, I usually walk for 2-4 hours. If that is too long, there is a mountain much closer to the town where you can get a great view of the harbour and surrounding area.

You can hike to the top of George Cove Mountain, shown in the first photo this morning, in 10-15 minutes (or less - the last time took me 6.5 minutes). It is steep, but there is a pretty good trail with steps, rails and benches to take a rest. It is not a difficult walk, but I guarantee that you will be breathing heavy when you get to the top. You can't see it, but there were two or three people on the top when I took this photo.

The second photo shows a wide angle view of the town and harbour and gives you an idea of the view you get from the top. The third photo shows a closer view of the beach and marina.
I have other Holyrood photos at:
http://www.lanephotography.com/holyrood/holyrood.htm




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...