Saturday, January 05, 2008

Tulips

The tulip photographs today were taken in Brigus (Newfoundland and Labrador) in 2004. I wonder how many of you grow flowers but do not photograph them? Flowers, whether they are wild or planted, are things of beauty and make great photographic subjects.

The three images I am sharing this morning were cropped from larger photos. By eliminating the backgrounds, I have forced you to look at this plant rather closely. You should see the colours, shapes and textures of these flowers.

When was the last time you looked this closely at flowers with the intention of photographing them? I photograph flowers everywhere I go, and try to photograph as many species as possible. I have photographed over 100 species of plants that I have identified. Feel free to check some of the species I have on line:
http://www.lanephotography.com/plants.htm









1 comment:

bearkat said...

hi bruce....happy new years!!....just had to comment of the tulips....they are a huge part of my heritage (dutch)...:) :)....just hoping all the various bulbs i planted last fall will come up this spring!!..take care!!

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...