Friday, February 15, 2008

Fishing Stages

In February 2004, I photographed the Trinity area on a bright, cold, and blustery day! I am sharing two photos of fishing stages that I took that day. I believe that both photos were taken in Trinity East.

I imagine that the ice must damage these stages every year. It is easy to see how many fall apart after a few years with little or no maintenance.

Last week a lady from the US emailed to tell me that we should save the old stages because they were a part of our history and tourists (among others) would enjoy them. I agree and think that communities should be preserving some of them for sure. Many are gone forever already! However, it is difficult to get people to maintain these stages when there is little use for them since the fishery all but disappeared in the 90s.




No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...