Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fires

Since moving to Holyrood in 1982, I have been having bonfires in the woods behind my house. Because there are many dead trees in the forest, I have never had to cut one live tree in twenty-six years of having bonfires. I burn old boughs and trees which helps clean up the forest floor and make room for new growth.

From the time my sons were old enough to get outside, the three of us spent many an afternoon sitting around campfires. There is something very peaceful about sitting by an open fire on a wintery afternoon.

Today's photos were taken during the first brush fire we had after we started clearing the lot for our new house. We have burned a lot of wood here over the past year and there is still lots more left to burn.





1 comment:

bearkat said...

hi bruce....well we had a late spring snow last night....but still nothing like what you have had out there!!.....this made me think of one good old fire i had going a long time ago when i was camping in kanaskis country......there is something special about them alright!!:) :)

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...