Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ice - Shapes and Textures

Thanks for the positive comments on my Photo of the Day A-Z series. A few of you have made suggestions for future themes and I will consider them in the near future.

Last weekend I spent a while photographing ice in the little brook behind my house. The lighting was perfect for the type of images I was trying to capture. The bright sun, blue sky, and light reflecting off ice formed by running water was perfect for photographing textures and shapes. Believe it or not I took over 250 photos in the 12 minutes I spent making images.

I have chosen 50 and made a slide show with quiet music. Just play the video on this page.

Feel free to check other ice photos on: http://www.lanephotography.com/ice/ice.htm





1 comment:

bearkat said...

bruce..hope you are doing okay...heard about the big storm your way....this was a neat video clip...thanks...take care!!! :)

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...