Sunday, March 02, 2008

K - Killdeer


I didn't realize how few photos I have of subjects beginning with the letter K, until I began to search for a Photo of the Day this morning. I did photograph a killdeer adult with 4 chicks when I was in Florida a couple of years ago - so I chose the Killdeer as a topic.

The first photo shows an adult pretending to be hurt and moving away from her chicks. They do that to mislead predators. Of course, it didn't work with me and I managed to get a few good shots. The second photo shows how three chicks managed to hide beneath the mother when she rounded them up.

Feel free to check more photos of the killdeer and her chicks at:
http://www.lanephotography.com/birds/killdeer/killdeer_01.htm



1 comment:

david santos said...

Excellent photo!
Thank you.

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...