Friday, April 11, 2008

Flowers

This morning I am sending three close-up photos of flowers. The images were made in front of my large living room window with a close-up lens using manual focus and natural light instead of a flash.

Notice the shallow depth of focus (the only parts in focus were the parts I focused on - the rest of the flowers are out of focus). I really enjoy taking extreme close-up photos. It opens up a whole new world for me to see!

I had to buy a new computer yesterday because the motherboard in my old one died after 4 years. I purchased a fast machine with 8 Gb RAM and a nice new 22" monitor - a $1700 expense I didn't really want to splurge on, but because of my digital photography, I need a fast machine. I am hoping to set it up tonight! It will probably take a while to transfer files and get it set up the way I want.





No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...