Sunday, April 27, 2008

Food

As most of you already know, I often photograph food. I use the photos at school when students are discussing healthy foods and snacks. Students have access to food photos in the school's Photo Album Project. If any of you would like to contribute photos to the project, feel free to send images to mqpphotos@gmail.com. I will send the address to this project in a week or so because we are upgrading it at the moment and it is offline.

I like the shapes, textures and colours of food photos.

Since the snow melted I have been raking around my new house. In addition I built the first of several raised beds in which I plan to grow vegetables. I have tried growing vegetables for many years but, because I don't use fertilizers other than compost, I don't get large yields. This year I plan to photograph the process from planting to harvest!!

With the food shortages predicted in the near and distant future, everyone should take a bit of space in their yards to grow a little food. I remember visiting my grandparent's home in Winterton when I was a young boy and nearly every house had a vegetable garden. Even in the more urban town of Grand Falls, where I grew up, many people grew vegetables and fruit in their yards.





No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...