Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Graveyard

Graveyards are very interesting places to visit and, if I have my camera with me, to photograph. There are many "old" graveyards around our province and each holds a bit of history. The photos I take in graveyards document the information that remains on the headstones. The three photos today are examples of how headstones fade away after a while. Those in today's photos marked graves that were put there in the early 1900s.

All three are in bad shape and in a short while, no one will know what is written on them, or even where the graves are for certain. I encourage people in all communities to photograph their graveyards just to keep a historical record.

I have another Graveyards Gallery at:
http://lanephotography.com/graveyards/graveyards.htm




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...