Friday, April 18, 2008

Gros Morne

I have visited Gros Morne National Park many times over the past 28 years and never tire of photographing the scenery there. Today I chose two photos of the mountains near Bonne Bay.
The Long Range mountains were formed around 1 200 million years ago and have been worn down by erosion over time. Even though they have been eroded, they are still quite impressive.


I imagine that in their "youth", the Long Range Mountains were huge. The youngest of the Rockies (formed about 100 million years ago) are mere "babies" compared to these old hills!

If you wish to see other Photos of Gros Morne go to my updated site: http://lanephotography.com/gros_morne/gros_morne.htm.

Photos of the Tablelands can be found at: http://lanephotography.com/tablelands/tablelands.htm

Since starting the Alphabet Theme a while back, I have been updating my site by adding more photos and Google Ads. I never used to put links away from my site, but after I got a cheque from Google, I have been putting them on all new and updated pages. I get paid when people click on the ads. :)




No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...