Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bullfrogs


Frogs are returning to the ponds and wetlands around Holyrood after many years of absence. On Monday, I hiked to the hills behind my house and could hear the sound of frogs in nearly every pond. As well, there were frogs in just about every puddle along the trail, even half-way up the side of the mountain. They are very plentiful again this year.

As I approached on pond I saw a few frogs and approached them very slowly as they "posed" for photos instead of swimming away. I have identified them as bullfrogs, but am not sure I am correct.

I uploaded 9 photos of frogs to:
http://lanephotography.com/animals/frog/bullfrog_01.htm

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...