Monday, July 21, 2008

Ferns




Ferns are common on the trails I walk and I watch them throughout the spring, summer and fall. Of course, I photograph them often.

I chose this sequence of photos, taken yesterday, because it shows different lighting, macro compositions and shapes. The first was taken in the shade with only a little sunlight filtering through the trees above it. The others were taken with the sun filtering through the leaves.

If you compare the first two photos you will see the difference in colour and contrast. I tried a close-up image of the leaves with backlighting and liked it. The fourth image was cropped from the third and emphasizes the veins in the leaves.

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...