Thursday, July 31, 2008

Red Fox




On Tuesday afternoon, while walking along one of the trails in the woods behind my house, I saw a red fox crouching in the grass watching me. I stayed very still for a few minutes and it began to approach me very slowly while sniffing the air often. It was fairly relaxed and didn't stop until it was about 6 feet from me. If it is the same fox that's been around here for a while, it is probably used to my scent.

Unfortunately, I did not have my telephoto lens with me and I couldn't get any close ups. Today's photos have been cropped from the originals.

I started a Red Fox Gallery at:
http://lanephotography.com/animals/red_fox/red_fox_01.htm

1 comment:

bearkat said...

aww...sure do like and appreciate mother nature:)...re: the wild roses.....they are always so pretty......did you realize that they are the floral emblem for Albera? :):)..have a great weekend!!!

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...