Sunday, August 24, 2008

Deer




Yesterday we visited Shubenacadie (pronounced "Shoo-ben-ack-a-dee") Wildlife Park which is located between Halifax and Truro in Nova Scotia. I remember visiting this park during my first trip to Nova Scotia in 1971.
There are two types of deer in the park and I am not certain which type of deer I photographed. The first photo shows a large, healthy-looking stag with a large set of antlers. The second, smaller stag wandered by and the two of them were curious about the people who were photographing them. The mother and fawn stopped browsing the grasses and also had a look around.
The openings in the wire fence were large enough for me to photograph the deer without having to worry about wires getting in the way.

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...