Sunday, September 14, 2008

G - Gannet






Cape St. Mary's is home to the second largest northern gannet colony in North America. Each Spring, the birds return to build their nests on Bird Rock or nearby cliffs. I have visited this world-class tourist destination often and have thousands of photographs of the area.

During my last couple of visits, I attempted to capture the birds in flight and the biggest challenge was to keep birds in focus as they flew by. After a while, I realized that it was easier to keep them in focus if I followed the birds that were approaching me, then shooting when they got close enough.

I also uploaded a few more photos to my
Gannets Gallery at: http://lanephotography.com/gannets/gannets.htm

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...