Wednesday, September 17, 2008

J - J. Dawson


While in Halifax this summer, we visited Fairview Lawn Cemetery, the graveyard where over 120 persons from the Titanic are buried. This morning I chose the grave marker for J. Dawson. Someone had left a flower on his grave.

Apparently, the name Jack Dawson was a name made up for the movie and was not based on the Joseph Dawson that died on the Titanic. Of course, the popularity of the movie has made this graveyard a popular tourist destination and the grass in front of his headstone is worn away to soil.

I took photos of every headstone that had someone's name but will not share them all today. It was odd because all the headstones have the same date - April 15, 1912 along with a number (possibly a body bag number).

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...