Saturday, September 06, 2008

Mushroom



Last week I hiked to the hills behind my house and near the highest point I stopped to photograph the mushroom in the first photo. I was surprised to see one growing in the open on top of a mountain because most mushrooms I see are growing on the forest floor.

Approximately 24 hours later I was even more surprised to see that the mushroom looked totally different. I checked a few mushroom identification sites and think it may be an amanita muscaria, but am not certain.

During my many hikes through the forest, I see mushrooms of all shapes and sizes but didn't realize that those shown in the two images this morning were the same species.

Feel free to search my Blog for 10 other mushroom photos.
Photo of the Day Blog

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...