Thursday, September 25, 2008

R - River




I photograph rivers wherever I go, especially if there are waterfalls and/or rapids. The river in today's photos is located in Holyrood and I have photographed it many times in all seasons.
The first photo was taken as I approached the small waterfall. I shot both vertical and horizontal views. The second is a closer view. To achieve the effect of "movement" I lowered my shutter speed to 1/15 second and the ISO to 100. The camera chose f32 as the aperture. Even though I didn't use a tripod, the rest of the photo is in focus. I recommend a tripod to make this type of image.


I have uploaded 4 photos to my Blog - http://kbrucelane.blogspot.com/ and there are other images of rivers among the 760 posts there.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...