Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Birch




When I moved to Holyrood in 1982, there were several birch trees growing on my property and I have photographed them through every season, year after year and I never tire of photographing them.

When I was on the west coast of Newfoundland during the Thanksgiving weekend, I drove through "Birchy Narrows" and it is not difficult to figure out why it is called that - the predominant tree is birch! And with the leaves changing colour, it is a beautiful sight. I am sharing two photos that were taken when I stopped and walked into the trees and made images of birch in their fall colours.

The first image was taken under the canopy and shows the light and shadows on the trunks of the trees. I made the second image by looking up and including the coloured leaves and blue sky. I like the second image much better!


Feel free to check my Birch web site at: http://lanephotography.com/plants/birch/birch.htm
As well, a search of my Blog will display 17 more photos of birch.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...