Monday, October 06, 2008

Leaves




So far the result of the survey I sent on Saturday is as follows:

1 only per day - 7

1 - 3 per day - 18

You choose - 35

5 people indicated they are on dial-up.


Since many of you check my Photo of the Day at work, I expect more people to respond today. I'll provide a final update tomorrow.

For the first year ever, we have two poinsettias from last Christmas that are still quite healthy. I read that in order to encourage red blooms by Christmas, one would have to keep them in the dark for most of the fall. Yesterday the sun was shining through a window providing strong backlighting on the leaves. I knew the lighting wouldn't last long, so I got my camera and made several images before it changed.

I have taken many photos with light filtering through leaves of a variety of plants because I like the way it emphasizes the "veins in the leaves". Those in the photos today are particularly prominent. You will also notice that half the leaves have no light shining through and only a faint outline of the veins is visible.

Yesterday's photos of the highway, and the leaves this morning are examples of photos that "had" to be taken very soon after I "saw" them. If I had waited more than a couple of minutes, the light would have changed and the opportunity to make the images would have passed.

There are quite a few photos of leaves on my Blog. Feel free to have a look.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...