Sunday, November 16, 2008

Beach




I was walking along the rocky beach in Holyrood as the sun was setting and liked the lines and shadows created by the light reflecting off the water as it washed over the rocks. I tried a few different composition and am sharing three with you today.

The first two were taken looking directly towards the sun. I knew the bright water would cause the beach to appear darker than it really was. To make the third image. I focused on the rocks as the water receded. The reflection of the water is not as bright because the sun was to my left as I took the photo. Changing the angle also changes the lighting in a photograph.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...